aFit is a WBE based in Indianapolis that is committed to being an ethical, responsive, and results-driven company that provides information technology and medical services for government projects. To potential clients, aFit offers a suite of services including strategic planning, software development, and implementation of software packages from Salesforce, Microsoft, and others.
We are seeking a Proposal Manager who will be responsible for managing the proposal and RFP process. Successful candidates must be resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-directed, with a passion for understanding their clients’ business and implementing technical requirements in a way that fulfills that need. Outstanding listening skills, genuine interest in fostering teamwork, a willingness to provide honest feedback, and extreme ownership are keys to the success of our projects. If you are looking for a challenge, willing to go the extra mile, and want to work with people who are just as talented as you are, this is the place for you!
Description of Duties:
- Identify bid opportunities through a wide variety of information sources and track the status of potential target opportunities.
- Review bid opportunities and make bid/no-bid decisions with supporting rationale.
- Develop detailed proposal plans inclusive of solicitation summaries, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements and intended assignments, proposal development time-lines, risk analysis, and cost of capture projections.
- Develop, evaluate, define the winning bid strategy and communicate it to the proposal team & management.
- Assemble and supervise bid teams (internal and external) with the cooperation of the BDM and Proposal Manager.
- Manage the productivity and contributions of all team members (including Teaming Partners) to produce the Proposal.
- Analyze and research the company’s competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain advantage.
- Identify and select the most appropriate team partners and developed Teaming strategies.
- Direct responsibility for developing and writing the Capture Management plan for specific programs.
- Schedule and supervise all proposal reviews (Red Team, Green Team and Gold Team).
- Responsible for the capture planning process and working with internal team members and external clients through the stages of the business development life-cycle, including business strategy, market research, client relationship management, business partnerships, and proposal delivery to create a successful capture plan.
- Manage the capture process by developing and implementing a capture plan, aligning resources, developing and managing timelines, resolving issues, ensuring all required proposal forms are 100% complete and accurate, and coordinating partners and subcontractors
- Perform market analysis to aid in building a successful pipeline across all business sectors