aFit is a WBE based in Indianapolis that is committed to being an ethical, responsive, and results-driven company that provides information technology and medical services for government projects. To potential clients, aFit offers a suite of services including strategic planning, software development, and implementation of software packages from Salesforce, Microsoft, and others.
We are seeking a Case Manager for a multi-year federal housing assistance program in the State of Indiana, with a preference for working out of the Indianapolis office. Case managers will oversee and provide assistance to the applicant for the entire application lifecycle, intake to program completion. Case Managers will work one-on-one with homeowners to gather proper financial and mortgage documentation, determine program eligibility, enter data into program tracking software, and effectively communicate with homeowners and senior program staff to ensure efficient and timely processing of applications. Superb organization and communication skills are a must, and the Case Manager must be able to prioritize and multi-task to ensure compliance in a fast-paced environment with an accelerated turnaround timeline.
Description of Duties:
- Communicate one-on-one with applicants to assist in completion of intake forms and applications for the program.
- Assist and advise homeowners with locating the proper documentation required for eligibility.
- Compile applicant financial, proof of hardship, and mortgage information, including assistance eligibility and income documentation.
- Communicate with homeowners and answer questions about documentation and eligibility requirements.
- Collect, compile, analyze, report, and maintain necessary data in program tracking systems for statistics and reporting.
- Data Entry, tracking, and analyses within the specialized software systems designed to manage program workflow, applicant data, and provide statistical reporting as necessary.
- Ability to work with and respond to routine inquiries from external and internal sources about standard correspondence, program eligibility, missing documentation, statistical reporting, or other issues that may arise.
- Must provide professional customer service and advice with a basic understanding of mortgages, other government programs, paycheck verification processes, and program timelines.
- Gather and package entire applicant file and all supporting documents for close out.
- Communicate with county Treasurers, throughout the State of Indiana, regarding payment of property taxes for reinstatement and to avoid property tax sales.
- Ability to work with insurance companies, homeowners’ associations, and lawyers to effectively communicate documentation needs for payment.